Sunday, October 28, 2007

Autumn

there is something about the fall...my favorite time of year...that makes you just want to bundle up and drink apple cider as you sit in a pile of yellow and red leaves. so many fun memories come with this time of year. the start of school. the smell of freshly sharpened pencils. sweaters. those individually wrapped square caramels with the clear wrap. the smell of apple cider. donuts and cider. costumes. carameled apples. pumpkin patches. crunchy leaves. boots. long evening shadows. frosted halloween sugar cookies. hot chocolate. pumpkins. carving. chocolate cake donuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles of course! coats. the colorful leaves on the ground. walks in the crisp, cool air. the smell of fall. mmmmm. i just love it. and as much as i love it i have loved watching my kids love it. taking walks with dad behind our house in the woods...taking the maze by storm at the pumpkin patch...
here are some of our moments of fall fun...



2 comments:

Trixie said...

Awesome. I can smell and taste it all!! Except for the sprinkles on the donuts, of course, just cause I don't like 'em:) It frosted here last night, I love the smell of the cold in the air. I loved your pic's, your kids are so darn cute!

Amy G. said...

i'm seriously going to cry seeing those cute pictures of your family! we miss you!