Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall

Fall::
apples,  sweaters, crisp air, crunchy leaves, color, caramels, candy corns, sharpened pencils, John Denver, boots, football, donuts, apple cider...feel free to add your own...

we love the fall. LOVE the fall.
so we made the trek on the top of the wasatch mountains and drove "skyline drive".
farmington to bountiful---25 miles of rough roading.
colorful leaves, crisp fall air, and of course donuts!





we miss the fullness of the trees of the east but we rediscovered our love for the mountains.
the pictures really don't do any kind of justice to the color...it was incredible.
happy fall!


13 comments:

Parkin Family said...

What a fun idea. We just might have to copy you and go for a nice Sunday drive. I love the fall too!

Nicole said...

Oh, that's beautiful! Can't wait for the colors here. We took a drive to Charlottesville yesterday and saw hints of color out that way....it'll be here soon!

About Me said...

Amen Joni! I LOVE the fall too! I love it more than the summer!

Blogful said...

What a great way to celebrate autumn. How jealous I am!

Cherie said...

I miss the trees in the east too, but also miss the mountains in UT. I actually thought after living in Boise for a couple years that it was pretty much the same, and then we went to Aspen Grove for a family reunion this summer, and I seriously had forgotten how amazing the mountains are in UT, and though it wasn't fall, we remembered going up there in the fall and seeing all the colors. The only way to see something similar in Boise is to go up in the foothills which don't have any trees, just sage brush (very ugly),and look down into the valley at the changing trees. Don't get me wrong, I love it here and it can be pretty, but it's a pretty brown flat place.

Jenilee said...

We are in the middle of a beautiful eastern fall. We love it. This is why I like living in the east.

Trixie said...

I love this view! I miss it, I can imagine the colors. Fireworks on the mountains :) Out here, fall means cooler nights, snuggling under the blankets, and the smell of woodsmoke from fireplaces! And the smell, ahhh, the smell! I love it.

Julie said...

The pictures look great. I can't wait for the leaves to change here. I love the fall.

Heather said...

Can I just cry? It's 80 degrees every day and I have seen maybe three trees that are kind of brown. A friend of mine put it well: "We have fall here in Texas. Everything just gets tired and falls off." The end. Well, I'll just have to enjoy it through everyone else!

Bangerter family said...

I am glad to see you finally updating the blog!! J/K! I am just has bad! And I think you are the best visting teacher I have ever had!!

Alecia said...

Thanks for the pics! The colors are beautiful. Williamsburg is just getting started with it's pretty fall show of colors.

And, your kids are growing way too fast!!

Kate said...

Thanks for the fall pictures.. we don't get much of it out here in Cali.
Nelson is getting so big!

Monica said...

Hey neighbors! Hope you don't mind if I check out your blog. You have such a cute family!