Tuesday, February 19, 2008

food for thought

on sunday my friend Danelle, who is in the stake RS pres, asked me to do something for our stake RS enrichment activity which is this saturday.  
what she asked me to do required some stepping back and thinking. she asked me to think of 3 statements that describe me.  two that are positive:: things i am content and happy with right now in my life.  one that is negative:: something that worries me right now.

it kind of stopped me in my tracks--especially since she wanted to know them after church--which was about 30 minutes.

so my question:: What would your statements be?

here are mine::
1- I have learned there are seasons of life.  My season is raising 3 children, 4 and under, I love it and know it is where God wants me.
2- I am gathering my 3-month food supply for my family.  We recently bought large quantities of dry milk, wheat, sugar, dehydrated apples, dehydrated carrots, potato flakes, rice, oats, and of course hot cocoa!
3- I worry about raising righteous children in an ever increasing evil world.  I worry, "Will they understand what I teach them about how to be strong against the Enemy?"

simple statements. very present issues in my life.  but very real.  please share yours!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

This really made me think. I'm going to try to come up with my answers and I'll post'em on my blog. Thanks...

Chelli said...

Wow...I love what you came up with. I will have to take the easy route and say the same because it is how I feel as well..and we are getting our food storage started too. Plus...who wouldn't worry about their kids in the world we live it!

Nicole said...

Whoa girl! You went post happy on me. I need to catch up. I like the system bag. The colors are all great. Let us know what you think about it. And on this one....tough! Can't believe she asked you that in the hall.

Something I'm happy with: I feel more gratitude for small things right now than I have in a long time. That's saying a lot for someone who is naturally pessimistic! So that's my negative one...I'm too pessimistic. Oh, and I'm not spontaneous enough. So I guess i did the reverse (two negatives, one positive...sorry) Fun post!

Nicole said...

sorry, me again. just looked at the bedding....LOVE it! If luke ever gets a room of his own (or a bed for that matter!) I need to remember this!

Harrop Family said...

Joni- I love everything about you. You are such an inspiration to me and and example of exactly what I want to be. You always have been. I love to hear you put "time and season" and number one, for that is so me! Three kids three and under. But isn't it wonderful. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Thank you for being you.
-Britnee

Oldest Girl said...

Joni
wow you are a poster! I hardly ever look at your blog but I guess I will now! You are so cool. I wish I lived by you!. I have to think about those three questions....