so today i am experiencing something that rarely happens to me. like i can count on one hand the times that it has happened. what is it? you ask? i have lost my voice....and i mean completely. i can only communicate in a very mild whisper if that. i seriously sound like darth vador. no kiddin'. have you ever lost your voice like that? sure makes it hard to get your children's attention. will was laughing at me this morning because i could only barely whisper. and when he came home from preschool he asked if my "loud noise" was back...hahaha...guess i talk loud, huh? it actually is very interesting though. i had some phone calls to make today that i obviously can't make because no one can hear me! my mom has called a few times and just laughs because i have to breath hard to let her know i have answered the phone.
anyway, i hope it comes back soon or i am going to go crazy! the only other times this has happened to me was when i was a senior in high school and had just started the school year. unfortunatley, i had just made a show choir but i couldn't sing! and the other time was the night before my wedding....i think (maybe :0) ) it was nerves. i was supposed to be singing to jess at our luncheon and luckily it held on till then but by our reception i was very frog-like. and most of our honeymoon we talked in whispers. what is it about someone who has lost their voice that makes you want to talk in whispers? will was doing it this morning. hey, maybe that is a good thing! we will just pretend to lose our voices everyday and then there will be no "loud noises" or in other words "voices".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so i guess now wouldn't be a good time to call and chat? that's funny though...i always wanted to lose my voice. no such luck. seriously though, i do need your phone number/s AGAIN (I know...i'm sorry. i keep losing the papers i write it down on). can you email me with it?
hey! yes so call me or email me and we can get together for sure and you can meet andrew!!
540 514 9195
makana011@yahoo.com
That is funny, I have lost my voice like that. It was my first trip down to BYU to see Matt when we were dating and of course it was suppose to be my first time meeting all his friends. They all just laughed at me. I lost it because I was sining in my car really loud the whole way to Provo from Boise to stay awake. Dumb I know!
joni...you talking yet? That's too funny. Can't say I've ever completely lost mine like that. I'm sure it's weird...never would have thought about the phone thing, but what do you do? Crazy. And thanks for your compliment on my pictures! You're very sweet. I have been having fun with it lately. I must admit though, Barrett is more of a natural than myself. And you have DALLAS to take your pictures....HE'S good! Hope you get your voice back!
Now would have been the time to practice the "being quiet so you can listen" thing. I remember someone talking about it in relief society. They would have a day where everyone talked in whispers and people are more apt to pay attention to what you say. Hmmm, i might have to try that.
I lost my voice twice like that! It was horrible and my family thought it was the funniest thing because I'm extremely talkative around them. Also, in fifth grade, our teacher lost her voice and all day for several days, it was the quietest classroom you've ever heard as the students were all whispering back to her!
Post a Comment