Sunday, January 13, 2008

the bathroom

i don't know what it is about the bathroom and babies.  they are like magnets.  at least this seems to be true with little nels.  it is like a little voice whispers "nels, the bathroom door is open!" and he cruises with a purpose...to get the toilet brush.  if that isn't gross enough we had our first incident with the toilet today.  after one of his cousins had just gone to the bathroom...with the rim up...we found him happily splashing away...yeah...i scrubbed!
what is it about bathrooms and babies? 
you got any stories?

9 comments:

Trixie said...

Hate to tell you but they don't seem to outgrow it. While my 8 and 10 year olds don't play in the toilet, they could stay in the bathroom for HOURS playing in the sink!!!! I have no idea what the facination is.

Dawn said...

Lily loves the bathroom too. She wants to be in there everytime McKenna goes to the bathroom. But usually she just throws stuff in the tub to watch it roll around. The other day I heard McKenna come out and then I heard some splashing. I ran in and Lily was splashing in the toilet water. Oh and yes McKenna did flush, but does it make it any better.

Jade said...

Hi Joni and Jesse its Jade (Stott) Gibb. I found your blog through Katie's and just wanted to say hi! I can't believe you guys have 3 kids! What a good looking family! I've only got a 10 week old but he already loves the bath, I am excited to see what is in store for the bathroom when he's older. :)

The Shupe Ohana said...

hey jones, i am so glad you have a blog, it is such a great way to stay in touch with people. your family is darling i still can't believe you have a 4 year old. we need to get together sometime and do lunch or just let the kids play. love ya
susie

Nicole said...

yikes! Can't say I've had THAT happen.....but we had our first "haircutting" experience. And who would have thought....it was ANNA! I NEVER thought she'd do something like that. She felt so badly about it she came crying. Thank goodness it wasn't somewhere anyone would notice!

Chelli said...

Joni! Hi, it is Chelli. Found your blog! It is fun to see what you are all up to! About the bathroom and babies! James can't seem to stay away either. He is all about the bath tub!

Amy G. said...

actually i'm wishing ellie would appreciate the bathroom a little more. i'd love to have her potty trained. she goes every now and then and loves to wash her hands by herself now but that's about it. have you tried mary yet? got any tips?

Alexis 18 said...

oh how I am laughing right now cause Leah does the same thing. Sadly to say though our toilet usually has pee in it cause we have 2 boys who don't know what flushing mean. it's pretty nasty. she is famous for unrolling the toilet paper and eating it too-can't get her to eat food but toilet paper isn't a problem!

Leah Miller said...

When we accidently leave the bathroom door open Jack finds multiple activities to participate in, including: unrolling all the toilet paper and putting it in the toilet, swishing the water in the toilet with his hands, trying to brush his teeth with Ryan's razor, etc. AND to think I've only got one kid to look after. What will I do with 3!!!??

Btw- I am sad that we didn't get together over Christmas. We were in Utah for 7 weeks. We are moving there in May, so we'll for sure have to stay in touch then.